Saturday, June 4, 2011

"Animal crackers in my soup"

I have been prescribed Lortab, Percocet and Naprelan.
Thursday morning Robby took me to the hospital, had to be there at 6:30am for pre-op.
They took me back right away to change into a gown. Robby was able to come back to the room with me and wait until they took me back to the OR. Mom and Dad showed up at about 8:15am and waited with us as well. Robby was exhausted and I felt so bad. He had a few rough nights at work and didn't have much sleep.
They sent the family members out to the waiting room and sedated me and wheeled me to the OR. Then the next thing I remember is waking up to my nurse saying "Jenn...Jenn...Jenn, Jenn!"
Daddy videotaped me and my rambling after family came back to the post-op room (phase 2 room) and I was being obnoxious according to daddy. I just remember being pissed off that the nurses lost my bra! Kailie and Drake came to see me and that made me so happy :)
Since I've been home, Robby and Greg have come to visit and I love having visitors!
I have been on a soft diet; eating soup, lo-mein, grilled cheese sandwich, rice.
Been taking my pills consistently and not missing a beat! The pain is tolerable; it's the throbbing and tingling sensation that is bothering me the most!
Thursday I took Lortabs. Now I take the Percocet because I sleep better with the Percocet. The Naprelan is an anti-inflammatory but I don't know if it's working because my foot always feels like it's inflamed! I want to unwrap the bandage to loosen it but I know I'm not allowed to.
Mom and Jeanette went up to Big Canoe today. Daddy went out this morning to buy shorter crutches for me (we borrowed the crutches that are kept in Gramma and Grampa's basement that everyone in our family uses but they're still too tall for me!)
I can barely wiggle my toes :(
I'm going to rest some more now. ...or at least try!

No comments:

Post a Comment