Monday, October 4, 2010

My wreck.

I'm going to try to make this as short as possible but still give you details of how it went.

I left for class but realized I left my phone so I turned around to go back and get it. (I was only .2 miles from the house so it wasn't a big deal) That was the first mistake.
Car behind me was tailgating me somethin fierce for about four miles so I let her get around me (even though I was in the slow lane and she had many opportunities to get around me on the left, but whatever) After she passed, I got over in behind her.
She turned her right blinker on so I proceeded to very lightly press on the gas pedal, only to find that once she moved out of my view it revealed a car completely stopped. I didn't have time to stop before plowing into him.
My first thoughts after impact:
Uh. Um. Ow. Uh. NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't cry. But I felt the emotion of needing to cry. I didn't know what had happened. I didn't want to accept that I had just totaled our car. The airbag was still in my face. The car was filling with smoke. The driver door was bent shut so I couldn't get out, which caused me to sort of freak out, a little. I looked to the left and saw a cop that watched it all happen. He had been driving by after attending to a stranded motorist just meters away from the site.
The man I hit was such an amazing man and come to find out, he goes to the church I attend during the week!! I'm going to commit a completely different post about him. Jeff, you are such a blessing to me!
He showed no sign of discomfort at the scene but said that later his neck/back started to give him problems. My back was strained for about a week and a half after but is back to normal now.
I was super late to class and missed pretty all of it. Professor understood. Car was deemed totaled a week later. It sucks not having that little car!! Another post on that a little later.
I still hate talking about it! I hate that I caused all this; not having a car, now having to go look for another car to buy to get me to work and class, the stress is so unnecessary and I caused it!! :( I hate it!
But God is good and He kept everyone safe, so I am thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment