A couple months ago, I dropped off a friend and apparently when he jumped out of my truck he knocked my credit card out of my purse that was sitting on the floor board. The next day I was in a panic when I couldn't find my card when I went to get gasoline. So I texted him asking if he could check on his street to see if it was there. He replied a few minutes later with no news of my credit card. About twenty minutes later I recieved a call from Wachovia saying they had a gentleman come into their location to drop off my card! I wish I could have thanked him!!!!! But I'm sure he knows what type of lifesaver he was for me! I was scared someone would find it and use and abuse it...
To say, is it really what it's all about? To hear a "thank you" when you do something good or kind? Is it not enough to just do something that you know relieves someones else's stress level or just brings a smile to their face??
As humans, I believe we are naturally selfish, but it is our choice of how we restrain from being so selfish all the time. We just HAVE to hear praise for doing what we sometimes should do anyWAY! I'm probably not even making any sense but I really wish humans would be more willing to help out no matter what they recieve in return. I'm learning that every day is a brand new opportunity to do that, for Christ!! Not for myself. But for Christ alone. And for His people.
Yes,
I hate school. I hate chores. I hate working. I hate waking up. I hate reading.
But by doing all of the above, I am not doing it for myself but for others :) I'm super selfish and I'm really trying to work on that!! Hold me accountable my friends :)
I love this line of this song!!!
Empty me, of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition and the poison of my pride
And any foolish thing my heart holds to
Lord empty me of me so I can be filled with you
Empty Me - Chris Sligh
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment