Every movie I've seen with a guy and a girl as best friends has always turned out the same: "And they lived happily ever after". They always fall in love with eachother!!! Or atleast develop a sort of 'feelings'... Why is it so impossible to be best friends without ever having feelings for them??! Because of those movies, people think it is impossible that I have so many guy friends that I don't like any of them!...Well, obviously, I don't. Or else I'd already be with them! Lol... Just sayin.
As I was sick I watched the disney channel and that new movie 16 Wishes came on, and once again, the best friends (guy and girl) fell for each other, oh, and eventually kissed at the end.
Enough venting, now to say I am sooo thankful for the guys I do have in my life! They are all so great to me and treat me no differently just because I'm a girrrrl. I don't want gender to hinder the way some one treats me or talks to me. Now, obviously the level of respect is going to be different. And I do expect them to respect the fact that I will not participate in their 'competitions' or anything of that sort. I can have movie nights with no awkwardness with them. We can joke around without fear that the jokes will get around. Girls are just too into themselves to think about how they should talk or what they should or shouldn't be talking about. Agreed? I love my girls, DO NOT get me wrong! :) But the boys are just as awesome too! And I'm here to say that it is possible to be "just friends". :)
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular belief
ReplyDeletealways has another point of view...
which is usually NOT popular.
I like yours.
We ascribe to that truth as well and have wonderful opposite-sex relationships
in our kid's lives.
Stand Tall,
{{* *}}